LastPass Accelerator

Thanks for the update @deanishe I didn't know that M1 and Intel uses different path. I think just having a little better documentation in the repo or as a tooltip, could fix majority of the issues and you only have to do it once. Like the tooltip can say "For M1 the path is usually X and for Intel it's .." or since users have to install LastPass-cli in terminal anyway you can have a step in the doc for them to run a brew info command to get the correct path. Also maybe have a FAQ section on GitHub that mentions things like setting up Logout timeout etc or point to where Lastpass-cli has those options. I for example thought the workflow was broken since it lastpass-cli was logging me out after about an hour :)

As for the icons maybe there is a way to do it dynamically? I have probably 2k passwords in my LastPass but I probably use the same 3% of them on daily basis. So maybe when a pass is looked up, and after the result is copied to clipboard the batch of icons that where in the results are fetched? That way next time you look up that pass the icons are already there... ... and eventually you will have majority of your icons

• Or maybe there is just another command to fetch all icons at once?
  • Or maybe the icons can be just reused from the browser extension? 
  • Or maybe the app comes with the common domain icons already? Like google, amazon etc.. as some icons are better then no icons ..

12 minutes ago, skynet01 said:

I think just having a little better documentation in the repo or as a tooltip, could fix majority of the issues and you only have to do it once. Like the tooltip can say "For M1 the path is usually X and for Intel it's .." or since users have to install LastPass-cli in terminal anyway you can have a step in the doc for them to run a brew info command to get the correct path.

But what's the point? In the end, you can achieve the same result by setting PATH in your workflow, which is simpler for you and the user doesn't need to do anything.

1 hour ago, skynet01 said:

As for the icons maybe there is a way to do it dynamically?

It's fairly straightforward to do. It's just a lot of work to do properly. You can't just grab favicons from Google or DuckDuckGo because regular favicons are too small for workflow icons. You need to fetch and parse the bookmark URL and possibly other files, too, to find a sufficiently large image.