Browse and Manage alfred extension (alf)

I tried it in Battery.alfredworkflow, but I can't find any problem about export function. 

Did you tried the new version? You can the latest version from https://github.com/jmjeong/alfred-extension/tree/master/managealfredextension   FYI, export.json file should be located in extension directory where you want to export such as "/user.workflow.DD0D36FD-8588-4FFE-8FC6-XXXXXXX".

I don't get the last part. Where should I place the export.json file to be able to export workflows to Desktop? Thanks for explaining.

I don't get the last part. Where should I place the export.json file to be able to export workflows to Desktop? Thanks for explaining.

The directory where the extension was located which you want to export. It is not alf.extension directory, but will-export.extension directory.

Ok, I now why it wasn't working ~/Dropbox/Library/Alfred 2/ I have space in the folder name, when I removed the space, it started to work. Could you fix the workflow to work also with spaces in folder names? Thanks.

You're right. There was a problem if folder name has space. I released 2.4 version which fixed it. 

You can get hot key information from plist variable in main.py  

For example,  Cntl-Command-E is represented as  '{'type': 'alfred.workflow.trigger.hotkey', 'config': {'leftcursor': False, 'argument': 0, 'hotkey': 14, 'action': 0, 'hotstring': 'E', 'hotmod': 1310720, 'modsmode': 0}', but I don't know the whole information how to interpret.

Indeed, that's tricky! But it seems Shawn Rice, the author of the help workflow was able to decrypt it, see http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/1653-workflows-help-workflow/

That's just in case you wanted to add this, I personally don't use much hotkeys :-)

Thanks again for this great workflow

Indeed, that's tricky! But it seems Shawn Rice, the author of the help workflow was able to decrypt it, see http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/1653-workflows-help-workflow/

That's just in case you wanted to add this, I personally don't use much hotkeys :-)

Thanks again for this great workflow

Thank you for the information. I will look up it. 

-> Version 2.5 now displays hotkey information, too. 

Edited by jmjeong

Your workflow is really usefull when developing own workflows. With the source export I don't have to sync my git repo with the workflow folder manually. That's great.

Recently, I moved all image ressources of my workflow into an img subfolder. Unfortunately, your export script does not include subdirectories. I am too inexperienced with Python to fix it on my own. Could you please modify your export script to also include directories?

I would also prefer not to include the export.json in the packaged workflow file. As it is only usefull on my machine I do not really want to install a file with my local paths at someone else's machine.

Your workflow is really usefull when developing own workflows. With the source export I don't have to sync my git repo with the workflow folder manually. That's great.

Recently, I moved all image ressources of my workflow into an img subfolder. Unfortunately, your export script does not include subdirectories. I am too inexperienced with Python to fix it on my own. Could you please modify your export script to also include directories?

I would also prefer not to include the export.json in the packaged workflow file. As it is only usefull on my machine I do not really want to install a file with my local paths at someone else's machine.

Version 2.6 handles sub-directory correctly now and adds export.json file to ignore list. 

There is something weired. The packaged extension includes all files. But the copied source only included the first 10 files in the main workflow directory. Thje rest was missing.

I will check it. Could you send me the extension which causes the problem?

You can grab it from GitHub. Exporting the source stopped after icon.png.

I tried, but I can't find any problem. 

export.json file is as follows:

{
    "workflow-export" :
   {"directory" : "~/git/alfred-extension/test",
"enable": true},
    "source-export":
{"directory" : "~/git/alfred-extension/test",
"enable": true}
}

Exported src directory is as follows:

test.png

• 1 year later...

Very useful workflow. 

- Search is not working when there is  "space" + "-" + "space" in the title of the workflow 

- Search by author is not working for me when there is "space" + "-" + "space" in the tittle of a workflow.

Will have to rename 100+ workflow  :D

Your workflow is so worth it. 

• 2 months later...

Very useful workflow. 

- Search is not working when there is  "space" + "-" + "space" in the title of the workflow 

- Search by author is not working for me when there is "space" + "-" + "space" in the tittle of a workflow.

Will have to rename 100+ workflow  :D

Your workflow is so worth it. 

I updated the workflow just ago. 

V2.8 now handles the title and author having space properly.

Edited by jmjeong

Nice. Already renamed my workflows  ;)

Camel case is not supported?

I can't find a workflow named "Web_Design_Colors" with the query "alf Web" but I can find it with "alf web" or when I launched the workflow via the keyboard shortcut I added.

Edited by politicus