Implement updating time wall paper

Large type is interesting and I'm curious about if it's possible to make a wall paper using large type taking the advantage of dynamic placeholder `{time}`.

For now, I could make a loop using the basic workflow of Alfred to display time, but it's not fluent on displaying changing time.

Also, I would like to know there's a way to stop the loop. Basically, I think I could use ticker method from @deanishe to achieve it.

Edited by leekeifon

Large type shows above other things and steals focus, so it’s not suitable for Wallpaper behaviour.

20 hours ago, leekeifon said:

Also, I would like to know there's a way to stop the loop.

When you start a loop, create a temporary file somewhere. Every time the loop runs from then on, check if the file is still there and abort if it isn’t. Then have a Keyword Input whose sole purpose is to delete the file.

On 9/23/2020 at 9:29 PM, vitor said:

Large type shows above other things and steals focus, so it’s not suitable for Wallpaper behaviour.

When you start a loop, create a temporary file somewhere. Every time the loop runs from then on, check if the file is still there and abort if it isn’t. Then have a Keyword Input whose sole purpose is to delete the file.

Thanks for the reply and your trick on stopping loop should work. And I'm stop hacking the wall paper stuff