Will it ever be updated to 2.0? It's not too big a deal for me but for someone who likes getting everything from the MAS it could be an issue.

Edit: forgot the t in the title can a mod fix it?

Alfred is too tightly integrated into OS X to qualify for the App Store. The App Store requires that apps be 'sandboxed', contained in its own closed environment; Alfred would have to be severely crippled to conform the the Store's standards.

Woah, thats oxymoron. Alfred is integrated yet not sandboxed.

The Sandbox actually prohibits OS X integration by keeping all apps separate and independent, much like an iOS app.

Alfred uses OS X's Gatekeeper / Developer ID technology which allows Alfred to keep you safe like a sandboxed app but also allows deep integration into OS X and other applications, something which is essential for Alfred to work.

As such, Alfred is available exclusively from our website and not through the Mac App Store. :)

The Sandbox actually prohibits OS X integration by keeping all apps separate and independent, much like an iOS app.

Alfred uses OS X's Gatekeeper / Developer ID technology which allows Alfred to keep you safe like a sandboxed app but also allows deep integration into OS X and other applications, something which is essential for Alfred to work.

As such, Alfred is available exclusively from our website and not through the Mac App Store. :)

Thanks for clearing this up, and my fixing my title too :D Edited by Ddyracer