Help with finding files

I am running latest macOS Big Sur and I believe with recent build this issue started occuring. I have a workflow to search markdown files in a folder. Looks like this:

image.png.3e49597f290ab748795954c990fc9763.png

image.png.eec7af2feacf38004c5c48e3345f095e.png

image.png.3cd02b978e48c87b13ad07e72aee8ff4.png

There are some files that it should return but doesn't. For example this file:

image.png.2fa5c44b0649a60da1aabeed3959d63c.png

Is not returned:

image.thumb.png.8cf33634441dd4d5cdccca4e8eab87c2.png

Some other files are. Sometimes they do come back, sometimes they are no longer there. 

The workflow is manage notes in here for reference. Perhaps I should run a reindexer but it's weird that `'` search returns results but the scoped things has buggy behavior. I assume that since the file is found through the all file search, the spotlight index is fine and something is off with Alfred?

The workflow worked flawlessly before this recent Big Sur beta build. 

@nikivi Ensuring you're using Alfred 4.1.1, go to Alfred's preferences > Help > Troubleshooting and run the File Search Troubleshooting, dragging in some of the files you are expecting to see in your File Filter.

This will give you more information on whether the metadata for these files is complete, and if their file type matches what you've included in your File Filter.

Cheers,
Vero

7 hours ago, dfay said:

have you tried rebuilding launch services so markdown files get the correct uti assigned?

Last time I tried to look into it, I got stuck and didn't want to ask further questions. Will try again.

Edited by nikivi
  • Andrew changed the title to Help with finding files