Show Insert menu when right-clicking or double-clicking on an object connection

Currently if I right-click on an object, I get an expanded menu:

image.png.0579be5f8993e3bd1593751432375af6.png

But if I right-click on a connection line, I get a minimal menu:

image.png.573be874a48ed2cf9cc839db10ba6261.png

It seems like double-clicking on a connection line between two objects should cause a contextual insertion menu to appear:

Artboard.png.0277053c72ca4171643c53932f5974c2.png

Thoughts?

Edited by chris
updated mockup to show delete & zoom in/zoom out options

It adds clarity, discoverability, and utility. 

This proposal comes from my own direct experience and confusion, and I'm pretty familiar w/ the Alfred UI. 

Specifically, when @vitor said to add "Transform Utility with Trim Whitespace between the Run Script and the Open URL" I didn't know what he meant. My intuition was to try direct manipulation of the connector between the Script and the Open URL blocks by right clicking on it — but it didn't reveal the option that I expected. 

I might have been able to figure this out myself if I remembered that I could add transformation between objects, but since right-clicking didn't reveal a contextual option, I got stuck. 

I have no idea how long it would take to implement this idea (I'm sure @Andrew does!), but it just seemed to me that reusing the functionality that's already in the adjacent object menu might not be too challenging, relative other kinds of feature requests.

Adding "Insert object" on the right click context menu for connections actually already exists on my future improvements to the workflow editor plan.

This is along with new a "Delete and Reconnect" objects (where possible) when on the selected object context menu, which would remove the object and connect the incoming and outgoing connections.

5 hours ago, chris said:

But if I right-click on a connection line, I get a minimal menu

Adding it here would be discoverable.

5 hours ago, chris said:

It seems like double-clicking on a connection line between two objects should cause a contextual insertion menu to appear

Adding it here would be non-standard.

10 hours ago, Andrew said:

Adding it here would be non-standard.

Perhaps; I'm borrowing from my experience in design tools. When you double click a line, it switches into an edit/insertion mode, so in that context, it would be standard.

I'm not sure which UI paradigm(s) the Workflow Editor borrows from?