Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

XML syntax: Using Ampersands in "arg"

Recommended Posts

I'm trying to generate a URL based on a query that I give to Alfred. I set up the XML the following way. It looks like the "arg" attribute doesn't like the ampersands in the URL. If I remove the ampersands it seems to work correctly and passes it to the next step in the workflow.


<?xml version="1.0"?>





Is there a way I can work around this?


I'm trying to generate a Google street view URL based on a street address that I enter. I have a perl script that queries the Google Maps server to get the latitude and longitude for and address and generate the URL. I want to pass this URL to Google Chrome.

Share this post

Link to post

This might be better achieved if you just use a Keyword Input to get the address, then pass into a static Run Script action to process the query, rather than dynamically creating the XML for the results.

Share this post

Link to post

Yes this would be better. Can I get the workflow to send the output from "Run script" to "Open URL". When I add "Run script", it's in the same "column" as "Open URL" so I can't connect the two.


At the end of your Run Script, just use the open command (or similar) to open the URL instead of passing it into a separate Open URL action.

Share this post

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Create New...