Copy & Paste (Clipboard) always results in being executed to the main display in dual monitor environment.

Hi,

I always open multiple windows of Chrome browser with dual monitor environment. Usually I do with 2 windows of Chrome, one is on the main display and another on 2nd display.

When I try to clipboard function, paste something from the stored clipboard of Alfred to the window of Chrome presented on 2nd display, it always tried to go to the window of Chrome on the main display. Therefore I need to focus the windows on 2nd display and do normal paste action afterwards. I configured Alfred window to appear in mouse screen, but the issue persists. Can anyone advise me?

Welcome @Dragone,

The way you’re describing it doesn’t sound like a solvable issue.

On 11/9/2020 at 8:39 AM, Dragone said:

Therefore I need to focus the windows on 2nd display and do normal paste action afterwards.

So you’re trying to paste to an unfocused window? Try ⌘V. That doesn’t paste to the unfocused window, so neither does Alfred, which uses default system behaviour.

Hi Vitor,

Thank you for your reply, and sorry for my poor explanation. Let me try to re-describe what I run into as precisely as I can.

This happens when I paste to window on 2nd display from the clipboard stored in Alfred. For example, I open Firefox on 1st display and Chrome on 2nd display while Chrome is opened on 1st display also and it's hidden behind Firefox window. I make Chrome on 2nd display focused on and put mouse cursor on it then call Alfred clipboard and do Paste action. At this, Alfred window appears on 2nd display. But nothing happens to Chrome on 2nd screen. What it happens is only that Chrome on 1st screen appears on the top(front) and is focused on. Paste action never occurs.

I understand by summoning stored clipboard data from Alfred, it becomes macOS's clipboard data so I again focus on Chrome on 2nd display and do normal past action (⌘V).

Thanks,