4 hours ago, Vijay Kumar Sharma said:

wasn't sure how to interpret that.

Right, sorry. As a rule, whenever you see an SSL error (or any other kind of "can't connect to server" error), the problem is with the network or the website/server and there's nothing a workflow author can do about it (unless they also run the server).

It's still worth reporting the issue if it persists for more than a few days, but this kind of error is very rarely something a workflow's developer can address: it's not their stuff that's broken, and they won't be able to do anything about it or tell you much more than the error message already does.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/22/2020 at 2:53 PM, Pinuz said:

Thank you for trying to solve this :) Unfortunately, the bug is still there.

Hi. Was a fix for this ever found? I'm having the same problem (using ultrawide monitor as main display) and I can't seem to find a fix for the panel being lower on the screen than the 'Alfred box' (I've tried searching, I promise 🙂 ).

C

• 4 weeks later...

Just to let everyone know, the workflow still works flawlessly after a small and easy-to-execute tweak, which you can find by scrolling down this issue request from the original github page of the workflow: https://github.com/mr-pennyworth/alfred-better-dictionaries/issues/15

Here is also a copy-paste of the instructions:

1. STEP 1: install python2, see https://www.alfredapp.com/help/kb/python-2-monterey/ (and https://www.alfredapp.com/blog/guides-and-tutorials/python-2-workflows-on-macos-monterey-12-3/ 

Then follow these instructions:

1. STEP 2. add export PATH="/opt/homebrew/bin:/usr/local/bin:${PATH}" as first line to all your Search ... Script Filters in the workflow

In this step, you need add export PATH="/opt/homebrew/bin:/usr/local/bin:${PATH}" to the dictionaries' scripts.

1. STEP 3. In:
    .../workflows/user.workflow.AD8AD798-4133-46AE-8668-A65FC514A03B/AlfredExtraPane.app/Contents/Resources/scripts/alfred.py"
    and
    .../workflows/user.workflow.AD8AD798-4133-46AE-8668-A65FC514A03B/AlfredExtraPane.app/Contents/Resources/scripts/alfred-extra-pane"
    add this as first line to use python2 instead of python3: #!/usr/bin/env python

To find the file you need to modify, follow these steps:

Then go to Contents - Resources - scripts

Then open alfred-extra-pane and alfred.py with TextEdit.app, add #!/usr/bin/env python at the top.

Note:

• If you encounter any error popups saying "Open Console" or "Terminate", just tap "Open Console" and repeat the step again.
  • In the whole process you may need to go to 'System Preference - Security & Privacy - General' and 'System Preference - Security & Privacy - Privacy - Accessibility` for authorization several times.

Doesn't take many minutes and it works instantly.

Edited by Sekibutsu
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I cannot get this to work unfortunately but I think I have imported quite a number of dictionaries. From the first page, one imported dictionary can be very large html files. With limited SSD space in the Mac, how can I delete these dictionaries. I deleted the workflow and look at the workflow directory in Trash but there is no dictionary files in there. Are they imported somewhere else?

20 hours ago, Belfong said:

I cannot get this to work unfortunately but I think I have imported quite a number of dictionaries. From the first page, one imported dictionary can be very large html files. With limited SSD space in the Mac, how can I delete these dictionaries. I deleted the workflow and look at the workflow directory in Trash but there is no dictionary files in there. Are they imported somewhere else?

It's here - ~/Library/Application Support/Alfred/Workflow Data/mr.pennyworth.betterDicts.

After you uninstall workflow, you can delete this folder.