Hi there,

iTunes mini player is acting weird with finding my library XML file in v2 (I'm up to date). I can control iTunes through mini player, I can see which track is currently played but I can't navigate in the library because Alfred thinks it's empty.

What happened ? I successfully used mini player after upgrading to v2, before and after several reboots of Alfred and my laptop. I think  everything broke when I added new tracks by importing CD with iTunes. At least, it was the time I noticed that I lost control on iTunes using mini player. I was told this message.

invalidxml-20130329-215057.png

The "Library XML" field in advanced iTunes mini player prefrence's panel was empty and the "Find" button wasn't working. So I added it and I was able to reset music library and atworks. But this is what I was shown by mini player.

emptylibrary-20130329-215522.png

And as I was saying, I can't navigate in my library with no files in it.

I've reproduced this several times with iTunes already launched, iTunes quitted, after relaunching Alfred, after reboots, after consolidating iTunes library… Nothing worked.

What am I using ? iTunes 11.0.2 (25), OS X 10.8.3 and Alfred 2.0.2 (178) on a late '11 13" MacBook Pro. My iTunes library is set to its default location (/Users/kmp/Music/iTunes) and Alfred uses /Users/kmp/Music/iTunes/iTunes Library.itl

Hope it will be helpful. :)

Hi there,

What am I using ? iTunes 11.0.2 (25), OS X 10.8.3 and Alfred 2.0.2 (178) on a late '11 13" MacBook Pro. My iTunes library is set to its default location (/Users/kmp/Music/iTunes) and Alfred uses /Users/kmp/Music/iTunes/iTunes Library.itl

Hope it will be helpful. :)

You need to point to the xml, not itl... so try something similar to:

~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music Library.xml

Then reload your library :)

Ok. It seems that iTunes can be the source of all this. No iTunes Music Library.xml at all in my iTunes folder. Except for this funny file.

It's probably iTunes who's messing everything but do you have any idea on how I can correct this ?

Take a look in iTunes' Advanced preferences to see where it's storing the "iTunes Media folder location", the XML should be in the same folder as that.

I'm going to move this into the help forum to see if any other users can shed some light on this too!