Improvements to Music Mini-Player?

Not sure how to frame this, because I don't know how Alfred thinks about media and music playback beyond the native apps macOS comes with... but the built-in Music mini-player works only with Music.app (né iTunes) but seems somewhat antiquated now that podcasts and shows have their own apps:

• TV.app
  • Podcasts.app

While I understand a music mini-player isn't meant to be holistic in nature, I do wonder if it might be possible to make the mini-player pluggable in order to support other music services (i.e. Spotify, YouTube Music)?

I currently use Spotificious but it would benefit from the richer interface of the mini-player:

962066891_CleanShot2020-12-08at20_55.12@2x.thumb.png.bdc2a40ca80ca0bf181d3e60abd942fb.png

Like, Spotificious works, but it's not nearly as functional as Alfred's mini-player:

341170956_CleanShot2020-12-08at21_06.56@2x.thumb.jpg.0c138351bac54daf8af830491d5cf56f.jpg

but I think it'd be quite the improvement to Alfred to support other Music Services similar to Sonos:

604093526_CleanShot2020-12-08at21_07.59@2x.thumb.jpg.658826c4b853d0db766a4644cc112876.jpg

Anyway, I'm filing this under Themes because there are some visual inconsistencies in the mini-player UI and so I figured I'd bring up this broader question ahead of diving into specific theming details related to the mini-player to get the general temperature.

3 hours ago, Chris Messina said:

the built-in Music mini-player works only with Music.app (né iTunes)

Music.app got the media library in the divorce.

3 hours ago, Chris Messina said:

Improvements to Music Mini-Player?

"Improvements" is a rather mild way of putting it…

Edited by deanishe

9 hours ago, deanishe said:

"Improvements" is a rather mild way of putting it…

Well, it's just not clear to me what the path for seeing improvements to this feature would be. It has a unique UI that isn't (AFAIK?) accessible to Workflow devs, so it's not like I could build a Spotify Workflow that uses the music mini-player as it's UI. But that's basically what I'm proposing... I just have no idea how that'd happen and if it'd require a significant change in Alfred's underlying architecture.