Two Snippet management improvement requests

I'd like to request two improvements to Snippet management:

1. The ability to drag a snippet from one Snippet Collection to another
  2. The ability to change a snippet's Collection without being taken to view that snippet in the new collection. 

I'm currently in the process of reorganizing a couple dozen snippets and it's HIGHLY inefficient to try to move these things between collections.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 12/15/2020 at 5:25 AM, Andrew said:

Drag and Drop snippets between collections is already in the plan, so you can expect this in a future release :) 

@Andrew just playing the squeaky wheel here and bumping this request.

I'm trying to re-organize a large number of snippets and the current drag and drop behavior is very unconventional. I expect moving snippets around to be similar to moving files in Finder, but there are several inconsistencies, some of which I identified in my original post.

Additionally, the Snippets "Filter" interface should probably be within the Collection view, since it filters snippets in the selected group, rather than ALL snippets (which would also be useful).

On 6/25/2021 at 10:41 PM, Chris Messina said:

I'm trying to re-organize a large number of snippets and the current drag and drop behavior is very unconventional.

For the time being, you might find it easier to re-organise your snippets in Finder. Each collection is a directory and each snippet a JSON file, and they tend to have fairly descriptive names.

On 6/27/2021 at 4:58 AM, deanishe said:

For the time being, you might find it easier to re-organise your snippets in Finder. Each collection is a directory and each snippet a JSON file, and they tend to have fairly descriptive names.

Ok, I'll give this a go, thanks!