1Password Integration - autofills search bar of 1Password when opening it up.

robohit

Alfred Version: 4.3 [1205]

1Password Version: 7.7 (70700015)

Issue: hitting command return in Alfred when searching for a 1password bookmark opens up 1password but fills in the search bar with some random alphanumeric string (but it isn't the password being searched for as near as I can tell); 1P opens with the the string is selected in the search bar and changes depending on the bookmark that was searched.

• What you were doing when the issue happened
    • searching for a 1P bookmark in alfred and then command + return to open up the bookmark directly in 1Password
  • Whether you were able to replicate it a second time by performing the same action (Update any third-party apps and restart your Mac if relevant)
    • Yes
    • Steps to replicate (assuming that correct 1P preferences is configured to allow for 3rd party integrations):
      • start Alfried
      • type '1P [app with saved login info in 1password]'
      • hit command+return to open in 1password app instead of autofilling 
  • Include any screenshots that might help us
    • attached showing the string in the search bar of 1password (it is not the password i'm searching for because i've tried logging into the apps with the string and it doesn't work); if I copy the password from the app's bookmark in 1Password it works as normal.
    • it happens no matter which app/website i search for using the alfred/1password integration

Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 4.12.35 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...

@robohit The string you can see in your 1Password is the UID for the item, and is how 1Password recommends using the 1Click Bookmarks integration. You should see the correct result for the bookmarks you searched for in 1Password when opening it. 

Having said that, in the next Alfred update (not yet in pre-release), we've made a change to the 1PW integration so you'll no longer see this in the search bar.

Cheers,
Vero