Stripping trailing characters in a python script not working for me

Hello,

I'm trying to strip the ending characters from the output of a python script and I can't get anything to work. The script is:

import decimal

query = float("{query}")

output = str(round(decimal.Decimal((query*.029)+.3),2))

print(output)

I've tried appending .strip() (and several other techniques) to the end of the output variable, but the newline is still there when I paste the result. I apologize if this is ridiculously simple, but I'm not used to working in python and am not much of a programmer.

For what it's worth, the workflow asks for input and then computes how much Stripe is charging for payment processing. I put in the invoice amount and get the charge paid so that I can enter the expense in my books. As it stands when I paste the result into my financial software there's a trailing space and if I paste into a text editor I get a newline.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

7 hours ago, deanishe said:

Another possibility is print(output, end='') as long as you’re using Python 3 or from __future__ import print_function in Py2.

I tried print(output, end='') previously and the result was blank. And now I know my system is running python 2.7…

2 hours ago, allenrowand said:

I tried print(output, end='') previously and the result was blank. And now I know my system is running python 2.7…

That is an error in 2.7 if you don’t have from __future__ import print_function at the top of the script.

The error would certainly have been visible in Alfred's debugger.

Edited by deanishe