Help: Use recipient's name in Gmail in a Snippet

Hi everyone, 

I love using Alfred every day, and one of my favourites' functionalities are the snippets. 

One thing that make me stick to Gorgias Templates, is the possibility to use Gmail recipient's name in templates by using {{to.first_name}}.

That looks like this : https://streamable.com/dn0vsx

I know that it is not possible to do that with the basic Snippet functionality in Gorgias, but I just discovered the Snippet Triggers, so I was thinking that it could be feasible with it. 

Do you have any idea how I could use recipient's name in Gmail in my Alfred snippets using a workflow element?

Thanks in advance!

7 minutes ago, lemikeone said:

Do you have any idea how I could use recipient's name in Gmail in my Alfred snippets using a workflow element?

I'm afraid this isn't possible without some fairly serious scripting.

Gorgias is an extension running inside your browser, so it can easily read the page you're looking at. Alfred (or any other external application) can’t just reach inside your browser like that.

It is probably possible to do, but varies from tricky to very difficult depending on which browser you're using. And it will probably break the next time Google changes Gmail.

This AppleScript should return the contents of the To: field if you're composing a Gmail message in the active browser tab in Chrome.

tell application "Google Chrome"
	tell active tab of window 1 to return execute javascript "document.querySelector('div.aDm>span').innerText"
end tell

Execute it in a Run Script action with Language = "/usr/bin/osascript (AS)".