Spotifious: a natural Spotify controller for Alfred

Thanks!

It is not possible to select playlists.

The overhead of selecting playlists is substantial. Vdesabou's awesome Spotify player keeps a cache of all your playlists so you can browse them, but doesn't update playlist contents on the fly. I don't want to implement such feature unless I could guarantee it would work perfectly.

Hi, I figured out a way to update library and playlists directly from workflow (using web sockets from within spottily app)!

See my last post here http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/1892-spotify-mini-player-version-33-now-update-library-and-playlists-from-workflow/?p=19825

:)

• 2 weeks later...

great thing. but sadly it does not work for me. shows nothing but "null" .. "null by" "null artist" and so on. maybe because "null" is called "zero" in german?

is there any way to fix this?

"Null" is the value I use when there's missing titles for an item.

When does Spotifious show it? On startup, search, or what?

hm?! what results? if i click on it, an xml shows up

OK— making sure the web lookup API was working for you.

Can you post the output xml for me?

1. Go to Alfred preferences and, under 'Workflows', select Spotifious.
  2. Double click the item with the Spotify icon that says 'Spotifious' and 'script filter.' See here.
  3. Under the item marked 'Script:', add the code

| tee ~/Desktop/output.log

so it looks like this.

4. Click 'Save' and run Spotifious normally, searching for your favorite music.

5. Post the 'output.log' file (on your Desktop) here.

That should help!

Edited by citelao
  • 4 months later...

Is it possible to trigger a Radio station based on the current playing track? It'd be really cool if I could just trigger Spotifous and then type "radio" or "r" or something, and start playing radio based on the current track :)

Great work on this!

That would require changing how Spotifious tells Spotify to play a new song, which I'm trying to do, but haven't gotten in a way I like.

This seems to be broken - I get a lot of PHP errors when I try to run a search. Some captured below:

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 0: PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant title - assumed 'title' in /Users/-/Dropbox/apps/Alfred 2/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.047E2FC0-1ED0-4C14-9E11-3B496309DB7D/main.php on line 41
PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant subtitle - assumed 'subtitle' in /Users/-/Dropbox/apps/Alfred 2/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.047E2FC0-1ED0-4C14-9E11-3B496309DB7D/main.php on line 42
PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant arg - assumed 'arg' in /Users/-/Dropbox/apps/Alfred 2/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.047E2FC0-1ED0-4C14-9E11-3B496309DB7D/main.php on line 43
PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant icon - assumed 'icon' in /Users/-/Dropbox/apps/Alfred 2/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.047E2FC0-1ED0-4C14-9E11-3B496309DB7D/main.php on line 44
PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant title - assumed 'title' in /Users/-/Dropbox/apps/Alfred 2/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.047E2FC0-1ED0-4C14-9E11-3B496309DB7D/main.php on line 46
PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant subtitle - assumed 'subtitle' in /Users/-/Dropbox/apps/Alfred 2/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.047E2FC0-1ED0-4C14-9E11-3B496309DB7D/main.php on line 47
PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant autocomplete - assumed 'autocomplete' in /Users/-/Dropbox/apps/Alfred 2/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.047E2FC0-1ED0-4C14-9E11-3B496309DB7D/main.php on line 48
PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant valid - assumed 'valid' in /Users/-/Dropbox/apps/Alfred 2/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.047E2FC0-1ED0-4C14-9E11-3B496309DB7D/main.php on line 49

This seems to be broken - I get a lot of PHP errors when I try to run a search. Some captured below:

I've fixed it in 0.9 (which I am just about ready to seed to the next version— I'm waiting for a quiet time at school so I can update all my links).

EDIT: It should be out now!

Edited by citelao
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi citelao

Thanks for a great workflow:)

Is there any way to add a notification when a new song starts?

You're welcome :)

Not at the moment—I have some beta code that does, but I haven't gotten it working in a way that makes me 100% ready to release it yet. I'll keep you posted!

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: It all seems to work perfect today, might have been just a hick-up of some sorts. Thanks anyway!

--------------------------------------------------

Hey Citelao, thanks for this awesome script! Can't tell you how much i missed something that could match the directness of the "jump"-function in Winamp about two decades ago :)

Unfortunatley it stopped working for me with the latest spotify update (0.9.14.13.gba5645ad). I'm on the latest Spotifious 0.9.4.

When I enter my keyword Spoti and a song, "Spoti Cult logic"i get a message that the spotify api could'nt be reached. Below is at transcript of the log. Hope it's an easy fix. Oh and check out the great song i mentioned, by Mike Snow aswell :)

Thanks!

# Error Log # 
## Error Info ## 
Could not access Spotify API. Try searching again
Line 26, /Users/rickardortegren/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.FB4295A1-5196-4097-A138-538A52F297ED/src/citelao/OhAlfred/HTTP/Fetcher.php

## Symbols ## 
Array
(
    [message] => Could not access Spotify API. Try searching again
    [vars] => 
    [0] => Array
        (
            [file] => /Users/rickardortegren/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.FB4295A1-5196-4097-A138-538A52F297ED/src/citelao/OhAlfred/HTTP/JsonFetcher.php
            [line] => 15
            [function] => run
            [class] => OhAlfred\HTTP\Fetcher
            [type] => ->
            [args] => Array
                (
                )

)

[1] => Array
        (
            [file] => /Users/rickardortegren/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.FB4295A1-5196-4097-A138-538A52F297ED/src/citelao/Spotifious/Menus/Search.php
            [line] => 24
            [function] => run
            [class] => OhAlfred\HTTP\JsonFetcher
            [type] => ->
            [args] => Array
                (
                )

)

[2] => Array
        (
            [file] => /Users/rickardortegren/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.FB4295A1-5196-4097-A138-538A52F297ED/src/citelao/Spotifious/Spotifious.php
            [line] => 60
            [function] => __construct
            [class] => Spotifious\Menus\Search
            [type] => ->
            [args] => Array
                (
                    [0] => cult
                )

)

[3] => Array
        (
            [file] => /Users/rickardortegren/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.FB4295A1-5196-4097-A138-538A52F297ED/main.php
            [line] => 23
            [function] => run
            [class] => Spotifious\Spotifious
            [type] => ->
            [args] => Array
                (
                    [0] => cult
                )

)

)
Edited by Ripcordian

And a little feature request as well:

Often i just wanna search for an artist i like and just start playing that artist (with shuffle) is it possible to ad that option? As it is now i just get the option to "browse" the artist.

Thanks!

edit: the same goes for albums. Perhaps Enter could be "browse" and shift+Enter could be "shuffle play"?

Edited by Ripcordian