Directly accessing recently-accessed documents from Alfred-selected app?

This workflow includes browsing recent documents of frontmost app, which you can assign a hotkey:

https://github.com/mpco/AlfredWorkflow-Recent-Documents

Edit... oh it just occurred to me that you probably want this functionality from within your initial Alfred search for the app in question, rather than when the app is already open, in which case sorry my solution is not helpful, sorry 

Edited by Floating.Point
6 hours ago, Floating.Point said:

Edit... oh it just occurred to me that you probably want this functionality from within your initial Alfred search for the app in question, rather than when the app is already open, in which case sorry my solution is not helpful, sorry 

Yes, exactly. I want to search for an app in Alfred and then immediately show its most recently opened files.

But thanks for the suggestion!

You can just double tap your action key (configured in Alfred's Features > Actions > Show Actions) e.g. if you have right arrow configured to show actions, search for an app, then double tap right arrow to the get the recent actions.

I have a ticket which will allow further control over the Action in Alfred workflow object based on this suggestion:

9 hours ago, Andrew said:

You can just double tap your action key (configured in Alfred's Features > Actions > Show Actions) e.g. if you have right arrow configured to show actions, search for an app, then double tap right arrow to the get the recent actions.

Ah true, nice! But yeah, I'd be content with a modifier (option + →) to action the first item in the Default Actions list...

Will you also enable drag-to-reorder this list?

image.thumb.png.7de48f2fa0bbcf344f7e518fa4f4af2e.png

15 hours ago, Chris Messina said:

a modifier (option + →)

⌥ + arrow key hotkeys are for text navigation.

15 hours ago, Chris Messina said:

Will you also enable drag-to-reorder this list?

Alfred sorts File Actions based on your usage, so there's not much point being able to set an order that Alfred will ignore anyway.

1 hour ago, Chris Messina said:

As I understand it, that's actually an option

Oh right! I guess I must have turned that on a long time ago and forgotten it's an option.

If they're in list order by default, then yeah, it'd be much better if you could re-order them. How would you handle File Actions from workflows, then, though?

3 hours ago, deanishe said:

If they're in list order by default, then yeah, it'd be much better if you could re-order them. How would you handle File Actions from workflows, then, though?

List them at the bottom, perhaps? Seems similar to the right click menu in macOS, which lists registered services from different installed apps:

1184449082_CleanShot2021-01-19at16_03.28@2x.thumb.png.31c13bcf51e0c845022c2d30ba5bf313.png

9 hours ago, Chris Messina said:

List them at the bottom, perhaps?

That seems … suboptimal. I mean, I'm sure I'm not the only person who uses some custom File Actions way more than any built-in ones, and would want them in the prime spots at the top of the list where they get a keyboard shortcut assigned.

10 hours ago, Chris Messina said:

Seems similar to the right click menu in macOS

But that's an awful interface. Developers can spam your right-click menu with their app's actions (like Dropbox in your screenshot), but the user has zero control over placement or ordering.