[Solved - user was using Spotlight instead] Web searches don't work

Hi, just starting with Alfred. I searched Google, YouTube and this forum but can't find a solution to my issue.  I don't seem to be able to make the web searches work.  If I type "map cambridge" it opens a Google web page results, not Google maps; Same if I do "twitter london", it just shows me a Google results page.  Same with "drive fife" it doesn't open the G drive file called "Fife". 

I set up a custom search to search within my blog. When I tested it on the setup screen, it worked.  But again, if I type "blog italy" (blog being the keyword I set up), it doesn't search it.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help

Edited by Vero
Title edited for clarity

@monaco Could you please confirm which version of Alfred you're using?

Take a look at the Web Searches preferences, and familiarise yourself with the keywords, e.g. by default, it's "maps", not "map" though you're welcome to adjust the keywords as you wish.

If you're still having issues, please include a screenshot of your web searches preferences, as well as exactly what you're typing into Alfred. We're all happy to help but it would make it easier if we knew exactly what you're doing :)

Cheers,
Vero

• Vero changed the title to [Solved - user was using Spotlight instead] Web searches don't work