Actions to currently opened document/file

Hello.

I want to do some actions to currently opened document, for example I want to email Word document I'm currently editing, is this possible with Alfred?

I'm not really sure how possible that would be. AppleScript would be required to find out any information about the currently opened file. I'm not sure if you could get the full path of the current document or not. If you could, I'm still not sure what all that would require since Mail isn't available as a workflow action. You could make a workflow browse back to the file in Alfred and then you use result actions to email to send it. You could also use AppleScript to create a new message using that file as an attachment. Once again though, all this is assuming you can get the full path of the currently opened document.

Hello.

I want to do some actions to currently opened document, for example I want to email Word document I'm currently editing, is this possible with Alfred?

Just as another quick follow up, it seems that you CAN do that with TextEdit (grab the path). I'm not sure about Microsoft Word though. I don't have it installed right now.

• 2 months later...