Changing Icons of System Commands

Hi! I've been wanting to change the icons of the system commands (Sleep, Restart, etc.) in Alfred for a while, but I haven't been able to find a way. I know the action icons are hard baked in, is that the same deal with the system action icons? I discovered that you could change the icons for the system commands for the remote and got excited but unfortunately that is really only for the remote. Is there any way to do this?

43 minutes ago, Signynt said:

Thanks for answering, shame, I'll submit a feature request for it!

Edit: An alternative for anyone who wants to do this is just to create a workflow with that action, change the icon there, and disable the system command in the settings.

Agree with you.

• 6 months later...
On 2/14/2021 at 7:16 AM, deanishe said:

Nope, afraid not. Most of Alfred's icons are defined in code, so there aren't even any image files you could swap out.

@deanishe By chance, do you know if it's possible to extract Alfred's icons?

I ask, not because I want to change them, but because I regularly create my own workflows based on adaptations of some of Alfred's functions (e.g., Universal Actions, Bookmarks, etc.) and I like keeping the iconography similar. As a result, I prefer to start with the actual icon, and then just make alterations to it that I will use for my own workflow (e.g., color changes, etc.). That way, I don't have to reinvent the wheel. And, by keeping the iconography similar, it also makes it easier for me to remember things.

As you point out, there are very few traditional icon/image files in the app (as far as I can tell). And, there doesn't appear to be an asset catalog (car file) either, which would make it easy to extract them.

Any ideas how to get them? Thanks for any help you can lend!