[SOLVED] Completely uninstall Alfred along with preferences?

bo123x

Hi, How do I reset/remove Alfred app and its preferences?

Hot keys stopped working, search not showing, wofkflow keywords not showing and I cant even remap alfred hotkey. Support taking forever to get something actionable. 

I have spent too much time debugging, reinstalling about 5 times in different configurations. I cant seem to reset preferences and workflows. So frustrating. 

After removing the app from applications I have also executed the following script. It does not remove configs

rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred
rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred.plist
rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-Preferences.plist

Welcome @bo123x,

1 hour ago, bo123x said:

Support taking forever to get something actionable.

Are you already in contact with support, or do you mean you still haven’t gotten an answer? Keep in mind Alfred’s team is just two people, only one of them does the development part, and it’s Valentine’s day on a weekend. That should explain the delay.

As to your question, to reset everything you’ll want to delete:

~/Library/Application Support/Alfred (Note the space; do not forget to escape it or quote the path)
~/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred
~/Library/Preferences/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred.plist
~/Library/Preferences/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-Preferences.plist
~/Library/Saved Application State/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-Preferences.savedState

Also note this will delete preferences from your installed Workflows.

Edited by vitor
1 hour ago, vitor said:

Are you already in contact with support, or do you mean you still haven’t gotten an answer? Keep in mind Alfred’s team is just two people, only one of them does the development part, and it’s Valentine’s day on a weekend. That should explain the delay.

Apologies for being impatient. You are quite right! Also thank you for providing the information. That was helpful

I have been able to fix the problem by reinstalling and 

rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred
rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred.plist

rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/Alfred
rm ~/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred
rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-Preferences.plist
rm ~/Library/Saved\ Application\ State/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-Preferences.savedState

• vitor changed the title to [SOLVED] Completely uninstall Alfred along with preferences?

@bo123x I do apologise that between 11:37pm on Saturday night and 9:52pm on Sunday night, I didn't reply to your email. Please keep in mind that everyone here is only human. Kind people like @vitor, and people like Andrew and I who work our hardest to support users. 

We're not machines and do occasionally attempt to have a few hours at a time where we don't look at the support inbox. :) 

Cheers,
Vero