Clipboard doesn't copy.

Hi, maybe someone can help.

I just purchased Alfred (used to own it many many years ago) specifically for the clipboard manager.

When I copy some text that includes graphics, the clipboard manager does not add this to its list of items. After experimentation, I found that it will include a graphic if that is all that I am copying or will include text if that is all that I am copying.

I have tried this copy from multiple applications.

I can copy and paste my desired copy session w/o issues, it just doesn't show up in Alfred.

Help

-Alan.

Hi @.abe., welcome to the forum.

3 minutes ago, .abe. said:

I found that it will include a graphic if that is all that I am copying or will include text if that is all that I am copying.

This is intentional. The clipboard history is deliberately designed to only remember some types of clipboard data (plaintext, images and file lists, IIRC), and it prunes that data, too (i.e. if an app puts multiple representations of the same data on the clipboard, Alfred will only remember one of them).

Bummer,

Thanks for the quick reply deanishe.

I don't suppose there is a way to modify this behavior? -It makes the clipboard manager fairly worthless for my usual purposes. 

-Alan.

Edited by .abe.
2 hours ago, .abe. said:

I don't suppose there is a way to modify this behavior?

Afraid not. It's a deliberate design choice to not store all clipboard data.

2 hours ago, .abe. said:

It makes the clipboard manager fairly worthless for my usual purposes

Yeah. It's a very opinionated design, so it won't suit a lot of people's needs. Took me years to find a clipboard history manager I like.

I run Alfred's clipboard history, too, though, because it can do some really nifty tricks that other apps can't, like "append to clipboard" or Vítor's workflow that let's you paste the last N clipboard items all at once.

Edited by deanishe