Alfred opens new Safari window instead opens link in current one

Hello everyone! I'm a new in using Alfred and I need to be clarified about some Alfred behaviour. In my routine Safari exists in the "Desktop 2" and open all the time. I prefer using only 1 Safari window. And when I'm trying to find something through Alfred (using web search keyword: g something) the result opens in the new Safari window instead opens it in the current. Why so? But this does not always happen, I was unable to trace the pattern. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

P.S. Sorry for english, not my native.

Hi @sosaveme, welcome to the forum.

13 minutes ago, sosaveme said:

Can anyone help me?

I don't know what the exact pattern is, but I can tell you that it's not Alfred.

Alfred just asks macOS (or an application) to open a link. How the application behaves (new tab, new window etc.) is up to the application itself.

9 minutes ago, deanishe said:

Hi @sosaveme, welcome to the forum.

I don't know what the exact pattern is, but I can tell you that it's not Alfred.

Alfred just asks macOS (or an application) to open a link. How the application behaves (new tab, new window etc.) is up to the application itself.

Sad to hear that. I bought a MacBook Air M1 a month ago and so far MacOS seems like a big disappointment to me :(

9 hours ago, deanishe said:

A new OS always takes some getting used to.

Especially if one was happy with the previous OS, because the tendency is to try to make the new one behave like the old, when the correct approach is to understand—not fight—the conventions of the new OS.

That said, macOS isn’t for everyone, just like no OS is.

I work around this with the following method:

(this is admittedly a bit advanced, and I have not upgraded to Big Sur as yet, so can't comment on compatibility)

https://apple.stackexchange.com/a/388201

Stick with MacOS for a while… like anything new, it takes a while getting used to it. Once I got used to it and learned to "speak its language", we have been best friends! (Although Alfred is essential in that relationship.)