File search question

I'm just starting to see that Alfred is more powerful than I realized. But, I'm a bit overwhelmed by the preference panel - there's a lot of stuff there with boxes to check and uncheck. 

My question is about searching for something in my email. I've got this set up to check in my email whatever I'm asking of it, but I've tried opening it and typing in a word/phrase that I know exists in an email, but it's not working how I thought it would. What do I type in my Alfred search bar to check in emails?

Thanks.

Chip

529236580_ScreenShot2021-03-01at8_58_29PM.thumb.png.ec39dbacbcafa8b7500bd533fe5fc25a.png

Ah, ok. How about calendar? How do I use Alfred to search for something in Calendar? When I open my Alfred search bar and want to open a file, I type Open and hit space and then type my file name. It looks like if I want to search for something in Contacts, Bookmarks, Calendar, etc., I type In but that doesn't seem to get me anywhere. If I put a space after it, it opens up my Finder, if I type, say, Verizon, I see some pdfs for past Verizon orders.

Any help here is apprecited.

Chip

5 hours ago, Chip said:

How do I use Alfred to search for something in Calendar?

I think you will need a workflow.

That toggle for Calendar is for ICS files, which as with Mail, Apple no longer really makes available. IIRC, Calendar only exports ICS files for local calendars. Everything else is locked up in a database Alfred can't read.

5 hours ago, Chip said:

I type In but that doesn't seem to get me anywhere.

You're looking at the File Search settings. They only apply to contact or calendar or bookmark files. That is, .vcf, .ics or .webloc/.url files. The  search does not include your Calendar.app or Contacts.app databases or Safari's bookmarks.

If you want to search your Contacts.app database, turn on Contacts under Default Results and just enter the person's name in Alfred.

If you want to search your Safari or Chrome bookmarks, turn that on under Web Bookmarks.

Edited by deanishe