Slow to display list first time

This seems to be a new issue for me. When I pop up Alfred and starting typing in something -- e.g., name of a Word document I've been working on, a folder, an application -- Alfred at first displays a Google search. Then a few seconds (2-3) later, it finally displays a list of documents, folders, etc that match what I've typed. After this, the list pops up instantly, as it always has in the past. I'm not sure how long it takes before the delay starts again. 

I'm on an M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.2.2, 16 GB memory, 1 TB storage. Latest version of Alfred.

Edited by swilcox

@swilcox A couple of possibilities here:

• Have you added paths to your search scope, such as external volumes, that might be slower to return results? You can check then in the preferences under Features > Default Results.
  • Is your Mac under very high load at the time, which could be causing macOS to take longer to return results? Check Activity Monitor for any oddness.

If it's neither of the above, your best bet will be to rebuild your Mac's index, in case there's corruption or something else causing delays in macOS gathering the results it then returns to Alfred.

Follow step 5 carefully, including granting Terminal Full Disk Access and deleting the Spotlight-V100:

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/troubleshooting/indexing/#rebuild

Let us know how you get on :)

Cheers,
Vero

Thanks for this excellent support, Vero. Before I saw this post I reindexed Spotlight, using Alfred's Advanced tab -- using terminal and also giving terminal permissions to delete the Spotlight-V100. I let the indexing run overnight (probably didn't take that long). This morning things seem to be back to normal.