night mode setup

Hello @susandavid,

It’s not clear what you’re looking for. Do you want macOS’ Dark Mode to activate at specific times? That’s done within the macOS System Preferences, not Alfred. You’ll need to go into General and select Auto on Appearance, then go into Displays → Night Shift and set the schedule there.

• 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, deanishe said:

What do you mean exactly? Alfred does change theme when the OS does. The "trick" is, you can only set Alfred's dark theme when the OS is in dark mode.

No, that is Alfred native app yes, he wants to change the appearance of the alfred bar when the OS changes from Light to dark. So essentially setting a theme for light mode and dark mode, and then alfred will auto switch with the OS.

I think this is a reasonable request

4 hours ago, Terminal said:

So essentially setting a theme for light mode and dark mode, and then alfred will auto switch with the OS.

Alfred already works that way, though?

Change Alfred's theme while macOS is in dark mode, and Alfred will switch to that theme whenever macOS switches to dark mode (and back to your default one in light mode).

1 hour ago, deanishe said:

Alfred already works that way, though?

Change Alfred's theme while macOS is in dark mode, and Alfred will switch to that theme whenever macOS switches to dark mode (and back to your default one in light mode).

Hmm I guess it is not very intuitive? I never realized that. Good to know

7 hours ago, Terminal said:

Hmm I guess it is not very intuitive? I never realized that. Good to know

No, it's not at all clear what's going on. Some kind of indicator to show which theme(s) you have selected for light/dark modes would be very helpful (e.g. a sun/moon icon to the right of the theme's name). And a way to set both themes regardless of current OS mode (right-click > "Set as Dark Theme" for example).