Alfred Remote testers wanted - iPad and iPhone :)

Hi all,

We are almost ready with an update to Alfred Remote which has been a fundamental rewrite of the underlying architecture. This will bring the app up to date, and take advantage of all the new iOS device sizes. This update will also pave the way for some really nice new features we have planned for the future.

We're looking for a small group of users who are interested in helping us test the update, so if you meet the requirements below, please add a reply in this thread. We'll then contact a handful of users directly next week with more details. Please don't be disappointed if you don't get chosen as a tester, the app will be released pretty soon anyway.

You should be:

• Existing active Alfred Remote user with your own iOS device
  • An Alfred Powerpack user
  • Already familiar with Alfred and Remote's features
  • Able to install Apple's TestFlight app
  • Available to give feedback next week

To be clear, we will be looking for feedback on whether Remote is working correctly on your device. This is not a call-out to tell us about the features you want or for new users who've never used Remote before, as we'll be looking for fairly specific feedback.

Please don't reply if you don't meet the requirements; The more efficiently we can get this tested properly, the sooner we'll be able to release Alfred Remote's latest update to everyone :)

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

Hi all, sorry for the slow reply over here! :D

Could you each please drop me an email to info@ including the following info?

• Your Powerpack email address
  • Forum username
  • Device(s) you'll be using for testing, including which iOS version it's on
  • Most importantly, your iCloud/iTunes email address to which we'll send you the TestFlight invite 

We're hoping to get the ball rolling at the start of next week :) 

Thanks,

Vero

On 3/18/2021 at 5:51 PM, Vero said:

Hi all, sorry for the slow reply over here! :D

Could you each please drop me an email to info@ including the following info?

• Your Powerpack email address
  • Forum username
  • Device(s) you'll be using for testing, including which iOS version it's on
  • Most importantly, your iCloud/iTunes email address to which we'll send you the TestFlight invite 

We're hoping to get the ball rolling at the start of next week :) 

Thanks,

Vero

I sent an email, but I haven't received a test invitation yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello lovely people, just a quick heads-up to let you know that Alfred Remote 1.5 is in the App Store and ready to use. Be sure to update to Alfred 4.3.3 on your Mac to take advantage of the new 6x6 grids.

All the details of the improvements are in the change log (in the App Store and in Alfred's Update tab respectively) :) 

We'll put another call-out when we need testers again in the future!

Cheers,
Vero

6 hours ago, raguay.customct said:

Does the flight test version automatically get replaced with the new version on the App Store? Or, is this version a buy up?

I know the test flight version expires, but I'm not actually sure what happens after this point. It's not a paid upgrade, but I'm not sure if the TestFlight one will get automatically replaced with the App Store version.

4 hours ago, raguay.customct said:

It would be nice if it remembered the last screen it was on so I didn't have to swipe over to it.

I'll have a think about this - remember that you don't need to swipe over, you can tap on the page directly in the navigation.

• Vero unpinned this topic