Option not to show path to applications

Jono

For applications it currently shows the path (and .app extension) in Alfred results

1695173206_alfredexisting.png.dfe1f715a0222973b5c03196b556ab7d.png

I never need (or want) to display this.

How about an option to just show it's an app? And also, seeing as horizontal space is at a premium, display it to the right (similar to Spotlight) rather than underneath?

672071896_alfredsuggested.png.8c388aebf6ada8ca9d497fdd065c1e56.png

7 hours ago, Vero said:

@Jono Under Appearance > Options, you can decide when the subtext should appear. If you don't want the subtext, you can remove it (though I'm not sure I'd recommend it as, when searching for folders or files, it gives valuable context)

Thanks, I realise that.

I currently have it set to only show subtext for the selected result. I find it useful for folders as I sometimes have folders named exactly the same (or very similar), but as I said previously I don't really need to see the full path to apps, or their extension 🙂

• 10 months later...

Hi, 

Can this be workflow specific ? For some searches I would like to see the path, but for some workflows I do not wish to see the path as it adds no value. And secondly while using screen recording or in a video conferencing.. i still want to search the systems using alfred but do not want others to see my path.

thank. you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2022 at 3:58 AM, Srisri said:

Hi, 

Can this be workflow specific ? For some searches I would like to see the path, but for some workflows I do not wish to see the path as it adds no value. And secondly while using screen recording or in a video conferencing.. i still want to search the systems using alfred but do not want others to see my path.

thank. you.

If its a workflow; edit it to remove the subtext where not wanted 🤔

• 2 months later...

I'd also love an option to disable subtext per feature/workflow. I just don't need the additional information for Applications and Preferences (Default Results) but for files I do. For workflows there is the workaround @Smpl mentioned, but for for features it just doesn't seem to be possible at the moment.