Dynamic content on the fly

In addition to entering dynamic content into scripts it would be much more useful to be able to enter them on the fly.

For example I need to create a date 1 year, 2 months and 1 day in the future on the fly I can do that. No need to create and save a script. 

After I hit the hot-key to open the Alfred command prompt, I want to be able to enter dynamic content scripts there. 

I hope I am using the right terminology for this. 

So for example, I am working in a word processor document and I want to enter a calculated date in the future:

I hit the Alfred hot-key and I enter {date:long +2y +3M +1d:EEEE} at the prompt, and the calculated date is placed in the document. No need to place it in a script. 

Edited by renforter

Alfred doesn't care which language a workflow is written in, but the language has to support certain features to be suitable for writing workflows. AppleScript is a poor choice because it doesn't support JSON.

A general-purpose language, like Python or Ruby, is a much better choice because you can do more or less anything relatively easily.

How about Visual Foxpro? Just kidding. That is what I was working in when I quit the programmer world. 

A great language but it didnt fit with MS business model that promoted the crappy Access on everyone's desktop instead. 

What Python framework do you use?

Thanks for your help. 

8 hours ago, renforter said:

What Python framework do you use?

The one linked in my sig, but you don't need a framework any more. Alfred used to use XML, not JSON, which was a lot more complicated to do.

Edited by deanishe