Is it possible to disable the CTRL hotkey that opens result options (open with, ...)?

I'm using Karabiner to remap caps lock to control on hold and ESC on press and make Ctrl+H/J/K/L emit left/down/up/right arrow keys. When I want to navigate Alfred search results down by Ctrl+J this will emit these key codes: ctrl down, ctrl up, arrow down.

This is problematic because Alfred will act on the first ctrl down/up and open the "sub menu" for the first found search result. Another issue is that pressing caps lock (which will sent ctrl down, ctrl up, escape) to close the search causes Alfred to enter the sub menu first and exit it right away, but keeping the initial search open.

Both of this is to be expected, but can I disable this Ctrl behavior somehow? I tried looking for an option related to Ctrl in the settings, but couldn't find anything. Both issues would not happen if I could tell Alfred to ignore Ctrl in the main search window.

Welcome @Strayer,

22 hours ago, Strayer said:

Alfred will act on the first ctrl down/up and open the "sub menu" for the first found search result.

Please be more specific. Possibly with a screenshot. I had a few ideas but from what I see in the preferences, none of them use the Ctrl key. Without knowing exactly what’s happening, it’s hard to say how to disable it.

• 1 year later...