Alfred not detecting Windows USB keyboard (UPDATE - not a bug)

UPDATE

Upon further experimentation it turns out the problem isn't with Alfred. I can use the external keyboard to make the shortcut ⌘-⌥-C or ⌘-⌥-B, just not ⌘-⌥-V.

I also can't make any macOS shortcuts ⌘-⌥-V and Keyboard Viewer won't show it either so the OS itself isn't detecting it. ⌘-V and ⌥-V still work fine so I'm guessing it's a hardware problem with that particular key combination.

-------------------------------------------------------------

My Apple Extended USB Keyboard is unusable so I've had to switch to a Windows USB keyboard. I've physically swapped the Windows and Alt keys so that Control, Option (Alt) and Command (Windows) are in the "right" order and I've remapped them (only for the external keyboard) in System Preferences → Keyboard → Modifier Keys.

image.png.aca333ab9b523ca13fde983a4b0ca3bd.png

Everything is working as expected except for Alfred. ⌥-space works to activate the main Alfred launcher but ⌘-⌥-V (which I use to trigger the clipboard history) is not. If I go into Alfred Settings and try to set a new modifier combo it doesn't even seem to detect that I'm pressing buttons on the external keyboard. I can set a new combination with the internal keyboard but it still doesn't detect it when I type it using the external keyboard.

I'm not sure if it's related but when I first tried to set the keyboard combo the Alfred Preferences App crashed.

Replication

I haven't tried to replicate the crash but the keyboard combo problem persists after relaunching Alfred.

Version and Build Number

4.3.3 [1226]

macOS Version (and hardware)

11.1 (20C69)

MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2019) with generic (Sunshine brand) Windows extended keyboard

Edited by Malfred
Updating bug report
  • Malfred changed the title to Alfred not detecting Windows USB keyboard (UPDATE - not a bug)