How to Remove iCloud Results

Hi,

Several months ago I experimented with having Desktop and Document Folders sync to iCloud Drive (Sys Prefs > Apple ID > iCloud > iCloud Drive > Options). I didn't like the functionality, so I turned it off and ensured that all of my data was removed from the Cloud and exists only on my local drive.

But ever since that experiment, whenever I use Alfred (Open or Find) I still see iCloud pathways as well as local pathways to my files. Is there a way to tell Alfred to ignore the iCloud paths, or delete them from Alfred's database, or . . . ?

I love Alfred, but am hardly a power user, so thanks for any suggestions.

@chuckbutler Have you opened the iCloud paths and removed the files? Based on what you're describing, the files are still stored in iCloud even though you no longer want them to be there? The best option would be to remove them (ensuring first that they're definitely stored locally on your Mac where you want them).

Alternatively, you can go to Alfred's Default Results > Search Scope and remove the paths you want to ignore, but you'll need to keep in mind in the future that if you try to search for files in iCloud, these will no longer be in your Alfred search scope.

Cheers,
Vero

@Vero, thanks for your reply.

Thank you for prompting me to look again. You're correct: although I did delete everything on iCloud Drive that had been in my Desktop and Documents folders, I later decided to upload a copy of a single folder of files for safety. Those (and only those) are the ones that show up twice in Alfred (local and iCloud), because Alfred (correctly) sees that they're in both locations. I'd forgotten that I'd done that. My bad.

I'm interested to know how to implement your second suggestion. I don't see any path in Search Scope that looks related to iCloud drive (but perhaps I don't know what I'm looking for). I've attached a pic showing my current settings. What would I need to add/delete/uncheck to prevent Alfred from looking a files on iCloud Drive?

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 12.15.34 PM.png

@chuckbutler ~/Library/Mobile Documents/ is the path where your iCloud documents are stored.

You can remove it from Alfred's search scope, but keep this in mind in the future if you decide you want to search iCloud again and results aren't showing in Alfred. You can then reset the search scope with the "Reset" button, which will bring back all default paths.

Cheers,
Vero

• 1 year later...

When you delete a photo or video in the Photos app on iCloud.com, this change is reflected on all devices with the "iCloud Photos" feature enabled. If you change your mind, you will have the option to restore the photo or video within 30 days, after which it will be permanently deleted. And using https://fastupload.io/en, you don't have to worry about these deletions. Even if you've accidentally committed one. Still, as long as you don't automatically delete them from the Recycle Bin, the files won't go anywhere. Plus, your files will be available for download via a link. And the link can be shared with anyone, anywhere!

Edited by StevySokal7