How to initiate a Twitter DM from Alfred?

I'd like to add more robust DM support to my Twitter Toolkit for Alfred workflow.

I've come up with a basic flow for how I think it could be achieved but would love your guidance and help on how to go about implementing it, since I'm not a developer:

1. Authenticate a local Twitter client to get one's followee list; store the list containing IDs, usernames, and display names
  2. Load this list as a CSV into a List Filter
  3. Use dm to access type-to-suggest completion using that List Filter in Alfred's UI
  4. Upon actioning, open the URL prefilled with https://twitter.com/messages/{var:userId}-{query} (where query is the user ID of the recipient)
  5. If a space is typed after the username, use that text to prefill message text

The basic user-facing flow would be:

1. Type `dm `
  2. Starting typing usernames to initiate autocomplete
  3. Choose the desired recipient from the list
  4. Type the text of your message
  5. Action in order to open a URL prefilled with the recipient ID and your type message.

Thoughts?

What do you mean "a local Twitter client"? Getting the list of people you follow is the hard part.

A List Filter sounds a bit silly. Unless you're creating the list of people you follow manually (which sounds unpleasant), then you won't want to be editing the workflow, either. It should be a Script Filter.

1 hour ago, deanishe said:

It should be a Script Filter

Cool, as I don't know how to write code to use the Script Filter, SGTM! 

I just need a way to populate Alfred so that after I type `dm`, it starts autosuggesting usernames from the people I follow, and then once I action it, it will grab that username and convert it to a user ID in order to slot-fill the URL! 😅