Add CSV export to List Filters

Since it's possible to drag and drop a CSV file to batch import into a List Filter, it would also be useful to export the contents of a List Filter to CSV.

image.png.28b528453d4c8920f127e7976f785fca.png

I currently maintain spreadsheets of options that I update from time to time and then convert those spreadsheets to CSV to import into List Filters, and getting the data out that I've previously added would be very helpful.

If export itself isn't feasible, allowing me to select and then copy rows in the List Filter to the clipboard in a table-compatible format would be sufficient.

On 5/18/2021 at 3:49 PM, Chris Messina said:

Since it's possible to drag and drop a CSV file to batch import into a List Filter, it would also be useful to export the contents of a List Filter to CSV.

I will still reiterate my request to export List Filter items from Alfred's Workflow editor.

In the meanwhile, if you insist on CSV instead of excel sheets, here's a workflow for you: https://github.com/mr-pennyworth/alfred-lf2csv

Example setup:

1) set hotkey to cmd+option+c

image.png.56f6b488d18ec2e34da8e4635145c4ff.png

2) in the workflow editor, select the list filter you want to export as csv

image.png.f2aecb9b792f0c9fa91e9163bdc3b5bd.png

3) press the hotkey (cmd+option+c), alfred should have a CSV file ready to be dragged-and-dropped

image.thumb.png.145d8f704aa52dd5c4ce95baa829bdf6.png

5 minutes ago, Mr Pennyworth said:

if you insist on CSV instead of excel sheets

It's not that I insist on it, it's the only import format that Alfred natively supports (unless you're able to write code). I'm just trying to work within the limitations of the app.

Thanks, I'll check out your workflow!

Update: Cool, the Workflow works great! I think the biggest issue now is that Alfred doesn't persist the icons, which is an essential aspect of my New Cloud Documents workflow (the one I'm trying to update). Seems like Alfred should offer a more robust JSON import/export, including image assets (perhaps serialized)...

image.thumb.png.1384c90a65d03e6bf9056b4dc067c475.png

Edited by Chris Messina

• 2 months later...

I happen to need to merge two List Filter into one. It would have been nice to be able to export List 1 and then import to List 2, but the workaround for me is to open the `info.plist` of the workflow and then copy the tuples from one list to another.

<string>[{"title":"Stat","arg":"Stat"}]</string>

Edited by Kenston

• 3 weeks later...

1°) This morning, I wanted to find a way to export my list items in a .txt or .csv compatible format, sort its entries in Sublime Text, import it again in Alfred.

Would have been faster that sorting each item by hand.

As entries of the list can't be sorted A->Z or Z->A, it is always a pain to have to scroll up and down make sure the entry you are about to create doesn't already exist. 

2°) Tried @Mr Pennyworth workflow. Got the following error:

ERROR: Alfred Export List Filter to CSV[Script Filter] Code 127: env: python3: No such file or directory

Reported the issue here.