Snippets Auto Expansion on Emacs.app (macOS)

Thank you for your reply. I've found the reason. It is because that Alfred doesn't care about the Emacs paste key is not ⌘V.

Dash cares about that and I assumed Alfred also would do so, but it doesn't. 😢

Edited by kdmsnr
5 hours ago, kdmsnr said:

Thank you, but I use the key as "cua-scroll-down" as default.

Then I think you’re probably out of luck wrt Alfred snippets in Emacs.app. @Andrew might consider special-casing Emacs.app, but I’d say the fault for the issue lies squarely with Emacs for not respecting basic macOS platform standards.

> I’d say the fault for the issue lies squarely with Emacs for not respecting basic macOS platform standards.

Well, you probably don't know much about Emacs. It's definitely Alfred's fault. As I mentioned earlier, the Dash support nicely.

3 hours ago, kdmsnr said:

Well, you probably don't know much about Emacs.

Dude, it (or at least yours) doesn't support ⌘V on macOS. It's clearly Emacs that's not playing by the rules here…

3 hours ago, kdmsnr said:

As I mentioned earlier, the Dash support nicely.

Maybe Dash's developer is an Emacs user? Dunno. Point is, if an app doesn't support ⌘V for paste on macOS, I'd consider it a massive ask to expect any other apps' developers to work around that, and it would be going above and beyond if they did, imo.

You're totally right that I don't know much at all about Emacs (neovim all the way, baby!), but I do know you could get Alfred's snippet expansion to work yourself with a couple of lines of lisp…

Edited by deanishe