3 hours ago, Chris Messina said:

Ha! I made a much more basic version of this but never released it... nice job! 

Thanks @Chris Messina! :)

Damn, you should've released it!!

I have a couple of questions:

1. Did you also find out about the cleanshot:// urls from Raycast? If not, please do tell how you went about it, it might come handy for other apps!
  2. Did you extract those icons from CleanShot's assets.car? If not, again, please do tell! (I have zero design chops or any related abilities, so it might come handy to me later on)

@Mr Pennyworth To find URL schemes supported by an app, reading the ${app_path}/Contents/Info.plist file and looking for CFBundleURLSchemes tag if often enough. Or doing /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c 'print :CFBundleURLTypes' "${app_path}/Contents/Info.plist".

But I think you’ll like this more: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -dump URLSchemeBinding. It shows every available URL scheme (on your machine).

As to how to use them, that’s the job of the developer’s documentation.

2 hours ago, vitor said:

But I think you’ll like this more: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -dump URLSchemeBinding. It shows every available URL scheme (on your machine).

This is amazing!!! 🎉

2 hours ago, vitor said:

As to how to use them, that’s the job of the developer’s documentation.

Unfortunately CleanShot X doesn't have any :(

I had to go digging into the package bundle and had to resort to strings and got lucky at some places

strings /Applications/CleanShot\ X.app/Contents/PlugIns/AnnotateShareExtension.appex/Contents/MacOS/AnnotateShareExtension | grep cleanshot

# printed: cleanshot://share-extension-annotate?filepath=

strings /Applications/CleanShot\ X.app/Contents/PlugIns/PinShareExtension.appex/Contents/MacOS/PinShareExtension | grep cleanshot

# printed: cleanshot://share-extension-pin?filepath=

Great workflow, thanks for sharing.

When I tested it out, I'm able to start new recordings etc. However, when I try to annotate or pin an image, I choose the image within Alfred but nothing happens: https://cloud.paulm.in/jfjj4E

On 6/1/2021 at 8:02 PM, Mr Pennyworth said:
  • Did you also find out about the cleanshot:// urls from Raycast? If not, please do tell how you went about it, it might come handy for other apps!

Yes exactly! It was the Raycast extension that lead me to create my Workflow. 

On 6/1/2021 at 8:02 PM, Mr Pennyworth said:
  1. Did you extract those icons from CleanShot's assets.car? If not, again, please do tell! (I have zero design chops or any related abilities, so it might come handy to me later on)

Also yes! 

I have a Workflow that will extract Asset Catalogs with a hotkey. I use it constantly! Let me know if I should release it.

BTW, I'm in touch w/ the Cleanshot developer. If there are features or improvements you'd like to suggest, let me know! 

image.thumb.png.176c30acd2ff9d5881f4ebfcc67e869a.png

2 hours ago, Chris Messina said:

I have a Workflow that will extract Asset Catalogs with a hotkey. I use it constantly! Let me know if I should release it.

Yes, please! 😊

2 hours ago, Chris Messina said:

BTW, I'm in touch w/ the Cleanshot developer. If there are features or improvements you'd like to suggest, let me know! 

Could you ask them where they store the shortcuts?

It would be nice to list those shortcuts as subtitles for the workflow! 😇

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Had to do this after trying the workflow

Do the following immediately after you get the warning: "[application-xyz] cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified."

1. Click "Cancel" on the warning dialog.
2. Open Mac System Preferences
3. Open Security & Privacy section, then the General tab
4. At the bottom in the "Allow apps downloaded from" section, you should see a message that says: "[application-xyz] was blocked from use because it is not from an identified developer."
5. Click the "Allow Anyway" button
6. Try to run the workflow again
7. You will get another warning about not being able to identify the developer, but now it has an Open button. Click Open.
8. You show now be able to run the workflow without any future problems (until you upgrade the workflow).

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/23/2023 at 9:34 AM, json12 said:

This has stopped working for me. Is anyone else having this issue? I can see list of options to but when I select in Alfred, nothing happens.

Which version of macOS are you on? 

On Sonoma, when I attempted to use the workflow, I was shown this permission dialog and accepted the request, and it worked fine.

Perhaps there's a permission issue?

image.thumb.png.48743f7017b600322d4e84c6e7c25f72.png