Intiate workflow with {query}

Hi, 

Rookie question. I often query things on web applications like google sheets, where, I start with a string or a number then there is a boring sequence of actions that can be automated by Alfred. Aside from copying something to the clipboard, is there a way to punch something into the alfred window, hit enter then that becomes the {query} that gets pasted in the browser later? 

Sometimes when I set a hotkey to start, it will open a window as if it's asking for a query but when I type it and hit enter, nothing happens.

An example would be this filter in google sheets. I made an awesome workflow to populate a filter. But it starts with a filtered list. I can't just punch any old query in there as an argument then have it paste later in the workflow.

Ya dig?

Thanks,
Chris

image.png.9a1210e3688cb66472a73cbafb3caae4.png

I've answered my question 7 minutes later. You can set a hotkey if the next step is a keyword, you can enter a {query} initially that will pass right through to be used later in the workflow. Using this with Google Sheets filter or find and replace is really useful FYI. Like a macro but much more versitile. 

C

image.thumb.png.1197966440bb183c7e96ff35bf14ae14.png

9 minutes ago, Shakti said:

is there a way to punch something into the alfred window, hit enter then that becomes the {query} that gets pasted in the browser later?

Keyword input --> Open URL action.

6 minutes ago, Shakti said:

Ya dig?

No, not really. It sounds like you want a Keyword + Arg & Vars to capture your query, then a List Filter to select what to do with it.

Yes that's right 👍🌲️ .  keyword plus arg Vars is what I'm looking for. That's really use for some applications with a very long or unknown list.  

Thanks,

C

23 minutes ago, deanishe said:

Keyword + Arg & Vars

image.png