Jump to content

workflow to convert html to markdown


Recommended Posts

I have seen workflows for markdown to rtf and markdown to html but is there a workflow to convert html to markdown on pasting? I have searched everywhere. if the workflow only allows file conversion that would work too. thanks in advance! 

Link to comment

I know this isn't exactly the answer you were seeking but I'd use the smart little utility PopClip for that. There is a free trial so you could try it to see if it works for you. (It does a lot more than merely convert html to markdown, of course. I find it invaluable.)

 

Stephen

Link to comment
16 minutes ago, Stephen_C said:

I know this isn't exactly the answer you were seeking but I'd use the smart little utility PopClip for that. There is a free trial so you could try it to see if it works for you. (It does a lot more than merely convert html to markdown, of course. I find it invaluable.)

 

Stephen

can you trust an app like this with confidential things since you copy passwords and stuff? i trust alfred with clipboard histories because its local from what i understand 

either way ive downloaded it right now through the app store and bought it

Link to comment
3 hours ago, obadiahcruz said:

can you trust an app like this with confidential things since you copy passwords and stuff?

 

PopClip just feeds your HTML into a 10-year-old version of this free script. You might as well just download the script and put it in a workflow that works the way you want.

 

Be aware that HTML -> Markdown fundamentally doesn't work particularly well. Markdown is extremely limited compared to HTML, and an awful lot can get lost in translation.

Link to comment
On 6/12/2021 at 10:26 AM, deanishe said:

 

PopClip just feeds your HTML into a 10-year-old version of this free script. You might as well just download the script and put it in a workflow that works the way you want.

 

Be aware that HTML -> Markdown fundamentally doesn't work particularly well. Markdown is extremely limited compared to HTML, and an awful lot can get lost in translation.

In principle, though, a good HTML -> Markdown Converter would know when a fragment of HTML wasn't convertible and would leave as is, HTML being valid in Markdown.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Martin Packer said:

In principle, though, a good HTML -> Markdown Converter would know when a fragment of HTML wasn't convertible and would leave as is

 

In practice, people use HTML -> Markdown converters because they don't want HTML.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...