How to Search for a Word on a Dictionary Website

Hello folks,

I'm a new user and have been trying to get Web Search to work on Alfred on a site but have been unsuccessful. I've set one up for other sites but this one is not working. Is there a way for me to be able to search for an Arabic word on this dictionary on this website? And how would I tweak that to be able to search on the site's main page?

Also is it possible to have a workflow where you can say double-click/rightclick on a word on a webpage and it will go and search for it on the above website?

I'd appreciate any help.

Thank you.

42 minutes ago, Yajee said:

Is there a way for me to be able to search for an Arabic word on this dictionary on this website?

Here's a Custom Web Search. Paste this URL into Alfred:

alfred://customsearch/Search%20Lane%E2%80%99s%20Lexicon%20for%20%E2%80%9C%7Bquery%7D%E2%80%9D/la/utf8/nospace/http%3A%2F%2Farabiclexicon.hawramani.com%2Fsearch%2F%7Bquery%7D%3Fcat%3D50

43 minutes ago, Yajee said:

And how would I tweak that to be able to search on the site's main page?

alfred://customsearch/Search%20Arabic%20Lexicon%20for%20%E2%80%9C%7Bquery%7D%E2%80%9D/al/utf8/nospace/http%3A%2F%2Farabiclexicon.hawramani.com%2F%3Fs%3D%7Bquery%7D

43 minutes ago, Yajee said:

Also is it possible to have a workflow where you can say double-click/rightclick on a word on a webpage and it will go and search for it on the above website?

Not with a mouse, no. You could create a Hotkey that searches for the currently-selected text, though. Create a workflow with a Hotkey with Argument = Selection in macOS, then connect that to an Open URL Action. For the URL, open one of the Custom Web Searches above, and copy its Search URL into the Open URL action.

@deanishe , no wonder you're a community hero! lol. That is just fantastic, much appreciated.

The creation of the hotkey to search currently-selected text is exactly what I want so I will try to follow your instructions above and see if I can get it to work. If not, I'll be back to ask here.

Thanks again for that helpful and speedy response.