Click a Markdown link and choose "Open With" ... Photoshop

Hey,

My workflow seems to be quite strange. What I can not understand at all.  😉 At least I've been looking for a solution for days.

My customer sends me a file (.jpeg) that I have to edit and put online on a certain day. So I copy the file into the customer folder and create a task for this day in my Task Manager (NotePlan). So that I don't have to search for the file again later, I want to link it in the task. That's why I create an MD link. So far everything is good. But when I click on the MD link, the file is opened in Preview. Because Preview is the default app for opening JPEG's. So as a preview the behaviour is quite nice, but in that case I have to edit the file in Photoshop. And I don't want to change the default application for opening JPEG's.

And that is the problem. I can't open the file in Photoshop with the MD link. I would have to go back into the client folder and find the file. Furthermore, I've created a macOS Quick Action (Service) in Automator which also works when I select the file itself. But not the link to the file. What I want is a bit like opening an alias or symlink in Photoshop. 

Is there any way to achieve this with Alfred (with Powerpack)?

Mario

1 hour ago, electricarts said:

I don't understand how to send the MD link to Alfred

If you go into Alfred Preferences -> Update and select the “pre-releases” channel, Alfred 4.5 allows you to send any text to Alfred with its Selection Hotkey, not just paths.

Alternatively, create your own workflow Hotkey with Argument = "Selection in macOS" or "macOS Clipboard Contents".

13 hours ago, deanishe said:

If you go into Alfred Preferences -> Update and select the “pre-releases” channel, Alfred 4.5 allows you to send any text to Alfred with its Selection Hotkey, not just paths.

I can't get Alfred to load the pre-release version, even though I have set it to do so in the preferences. 

13 hours ago, deanishe said:

Alternatively, create your own workflow Hotkey with Argument = "Selection in macOS" or "macOS Clipboard Contents".

This works as workflow only if I have selected the file before. But with the link as "input" it does not work. 

4 hours ago, electricarts said:

I can't get Alfred to load the pre-release version, even though I have set it to do so in the preferences. 

@electricarts @deanishe As Alfred 4.5 contains a huge feature change, it has not yet been put on the pre-release channel. If you'd like to use 4.5, you can download the beta here:

https://www.alfredapp.com/universal-actions/

Cheers,
Vero