Drag file to folder, then email

Greetings, this is my first post on here.

I would like to be able to drag a file into a folder and then have that file automatically be emailed to a specific contact for that particular folder. Is that possible?

The context is, we receive PDF files, I download them, and then I need to review the file and route them to a specific person within the company via email. Being able to drag and drop a file onto a folder it's much more efficient than having to click and type the persons email for every file.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

What you're asking has quite a few moving parts, and Alfred can't help with any of them (apart from moving the files).

You need something to monitor your folders for new files (Hazel? A LaunchAgent? A Folder Action if Automator can still make them?), something to identify the new file(s) (unless you always delete files after mailing them), an email client with an API that supports composing new messages with attachments (which is fairly rare), and finally a script that uses the API to compose and send the email. And then trashes the files, so they don't get sent with the next email to that person.

Finally, you probably want some mechanism to map each folder to a recipient. Writing a custom script for each person's directory would be a real pain.

The critical question is which email client are you using? If is doesn't have the right API support, you can basically forget it.

Edited by deanishe