Using alfred to start many applications at once and set up multiple workspaces

Hello :) My name's Reid, I work as a software developer. I love alfred and bought the powerpack a long time ago. After work, I close all of my work applications. It's a pain to have to re-open everything the next day. I was wondering how to get started building a script to set my desktop automatically. 

Here's my preferred setup: 

Monitor #1:

1) Full Screen iTerm split horizontally with 2 panes pointed to 2 directories

2) Full Screen VSCode project

3) desktop (no applications open)

4) Full Screen VSCode project

5) Full Screen iTerm split 4 panes, pointed to 2 directories, with 2 scripts running

6) Full Screen VSCode project

7) Full Screen database application

Monitor #2 (if available):

1) VSCode (not full screen, just open)

2) Google Chrome (not full screen, just open)

Any tips, feedback, or links to tutorials are appreciated. Thank you! 

I do this with Alfred and Moom working together.

Alfred kicks off all the apps that I need using Launch Apps action in the workflow, then a delay to make sure they've all started and then runs a global keyboard shortcut which runs a Moom window placement setting that puts the opened apps into the right place.

2021-07-13 at 11.06.png

2021-07-13 at 11.07.png

4 hours ago, Pearcen said:

Alfred kicks off all the apps that I need using Launch Apps action in the workflow, then a delay to make sure they've all started and then runs a global keyboard shortcut which runs a Moom window placement setting that puts the opened apps into the right place.

2021-07-13 at 11.06.png

2021-07-13 at 11.07.png

Hi. Does this work on Big Sur? Can you please post a link to workflow? Thanks

19 hours ago, Pearcen said:

2021-07-13 at 11.06.png

2021-07-13 at 11.07.png

Wow thank you! I will give this a shot. 

12 hours ago, iApple said:

@Pearcen, thanks will give it a try. ^⌥⌘W is your shortcut for a specific Moom layout?

Yeah the second screenshot on my original post is from Moom. I saved a layout and gave it that shortcut. Obvs you can use whatever one you like and update the workflow to use your preferred hotkeys.

Good luck

58 minutes ago, Pearcen said:

Yeah the second screenshot on my original post is from Moom. I saved a layout and gave it that shortcut. Obvs you can use whatever one you like and update the workflow to use your preferred hotkeys.

Good luck

Thanks @Pearcen. I've modified it work with my setup.

Pity workflow below doesn't work on Big Sur. It lists all layouts in Moom setup so can pick & choose which one to launch. 2nd portion works which is essentially @dfayscript but the 1st portion of getting list from Moom only works on Catalina.