Another Nest thermostat workflow

I've noticed that switching the mode of the nest no longer works - I get a confirmation that it switches between heat/cool but it doesn't actually do it.

Edit: Everything else seems to actually work, just changing from cool to heat or vice versa doesn't.  It does work if I do it from the actual nest web interface.

Edited by Richman777
  • 3 weeks later...

I've duplicated the Workflow as suggested and had changed one trigger to up and one to down, and that was working fine.

Something changed and now when I do "up nest" and pick the upstairs Nest, it changes the downstairs workflow to control that Nest and vise versa, effectively making the duplication of the Workflow useless.

Is this due to the API change on Nest's end as well? Thoughts on how I can fix this so each Workflow will control each separate Nest?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Soooo is this dead?  There's def. some weird issues with the API now (every first request fails, which I'm assuming has to do with getting a new session).

I've been focusing more on the new version (https://github.com/jason0x43/alfred-nest), which uses the official Nest API and has (partially functional) multi-device support, but I haven't had a chance to work on either of them lately. So, not dead, just hibernating for a bit.

• 2 months later...

Wanted to try the beta out but... I know he's just using the API...

Anybody know if I should be worried about this? "Jason"? Does my data pass through "Jason" somehow?

"jason0x43" is my company name in my Nest developer profile, and the message you posted is just saying "<company> would like to do the following:". It's a bit misleading since it's really the workflow application, not me, that wants to do anything. In any case, granting the workflow access to your account doesn't give me any access, and the workflow doesn't talk to anything but Nest servers.

"jason0x43" is my company name in my Nest developer profile, and the message you posted is just saying "<company> would like to do the following:". It's a bit misleading since it's really the workflow application, not me, that wants to do anything. In any case, granting the workflow access to your account doesn't give me any access, and the workflow doesn't talk to anything but Nest servers.

Ya I thought so. But just thought I would ask.

Thanks for doing this. Love this workflow. Looking forward to more updates.

• 4 years later...