Preview Pane: Only Possible With Extra Key Input?

Hey all!

I'm new-ish to Alfred; picked it up to replace Spotlight in Big Sur, which is now slow and I have to hit "Tab" to see previews now (they used to show by default).

Now it appears, even after I bought the PowerPack, that you cannot show previews on the right in Alfred until I hit right-arrow, or use Shift/cmd+Y for Quick Look.

Is it not possible to show the preview pane by default? I'm basically saying I would like to be able to arrow-down and see previews without having to hit another key. 

I attached a little mockup to show what I mean. 

Thanks!

alfred-search2.png

Edited by palebluedot

Hi @palebluedot, no it is not possible to show the preview pane on the right side of the main Alfred popup UI. It is a special view that we get on the Alfred File Browser, Clipboard History, Snippets Viewer, File Action, Universal Action (see Alfred beta 4.5). I would also like to have access to it more (actually, I would really like it accessible from a Script Filter), but at the moment to get what you want you can make use of the Alfred File Browser if your files are all in the same directory or not too far if you don't mind getting in and out of a directory (See the action you get in the File Action list: "Browser Folder in Alfred" or put the path directly in the main Alfred text field).

Beside that, if you want to quickly preview the Alfred results, then your best option is to pop the QuickLook preview using "Shift" or "CMD+Y". Then, when the QuickLook popup is in front of you, you can still use the Up/Down arrow to switch between items and the preview will follow. This works from the main Alfred popup or inside the Alfred File Browser.

Hope this helps!