Can't set Default Mail app to Spark

Hi

I have set Spark email client as my default mail client - so mailto: links on websites etc open in Spark.

But when I use Universal Actions - then email to - Alfred insists on opening Apple Mail.

Any ideas?

Spark is set as default email client

.eml files are set to open globally using Spark

Thanks

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, mlevison said:

why not Alfred?

There's no such thing as a default application for sending emails with attachments. There is no standard for that.

It's an Alfred feature that you configure in Alfred. It doesn't matter what you've configured in Mail.app because this is a completely separate thing.

• 4 weeks later...

@mlevison I've had a look around, but couldn't find all that much about Kiwi for Gmail, so you'll need to ask them whether they offer AppleScript support. Using attachments in a third-party email client depends entirely on their support.

You can see the list of supported apps in Alfred's Features > Contacts > Email, in the bottom subtext. If Kiwi support AppleScript, they should be able to provide a script for email attachments, which can then be used with Alfred :)

Cheers,
Vero 

• 10 months later...

New to Alfred, I'm surprised that such topic is still unresolved. Attachment or not, if a user set a default email app and it is accepted by Apple itself as new default, why is it an issue for Alfred which pitch is around workflow and efficiency?

Until now, I had forgotten about Apple Mail, and was surprised to see it pop up.

Version 5 is out: can it be sorted?

Edited by Diddha

Welcome @Diddha,

Have you checked the plugin mentioned above? I stopped using Spark some months ago but it’s likely it still works as they haven’t changed much.

6 hours ago, Diddha said:

Attachment or not

That does make a big difference, because if a feature isn’t supported by the client, a choice has to me made on how to proceed. Alfred supports mailto: links but programmatic attachment support depends on the email client itself.

What steps are you doing that trigger Mail to open? It’s necessary to know what you’re doing to best advise how to go about it.

Edited by vitor