Preferences package is missing from Dropbox?

I'm seeing this error message when starting up: 

620401570_Screenshoton2021-08-26at10-36-08.png.0d9cef03108cdb90d84b0d54734fb038.png

Things were working fine yesterday, and I certainly did not delete the folder from Dropbox (it's also not showing in the Dropbox trash either).

Could anyone help with any tips? Where are my preference files? Did I lose all my workflows and preferences?

@sloth Could you tell me a bit more about your setup? Is this a new Mac or a longstanding one? If it's a new Mac, you'll need to ensure Dropbox has enough time to download all of your files first.

Otherwise, if you're on a longstanding Mac, if you manually navigate to your Dropbox, do you see your Alfred folder? Could you have moved Dropbox to a new location (intentionally or accidentally)?

Dropbox generally is pretty good at keeping files locally, but also offers Smart Sync, which only keeps the files online to save space on your Mac. If that's enabled, could it be that the Alfred folder has been set to only be stored in the cloud?

Cheers,
Vero

Thank you Vero for your help!

59 minutes ago, Vero said:

@sloth Could you tell me a bit more about your setup? Is this a new Mac or a longstanding one? If it's a new Mac, you'll need to ensure Dropbox has enough time to download all of your files first.

This is not a new Mac. I did install an upgrade to the MacOS last night, and as a result had to restart the computer, which I hadn't done in a few days.

Otherwise, if you're on a longstanding Mac, if you manually navigate to your Dropbox, do you see your Alfred folder? Could you have moved Dropbox to a new location (intentionally or accidentally)?

The Dropbox/Alfred folder does not exist and it is not in the Dropbox trash (or my Mac trash). I use Dropbox extensively and can ensure I did not move this folder anywhere.

Dropbox generally is pretty good at keeping files locally, but also offers Smart Sync, which only keeps the files online to save space on your Mac. If that's enabled, could it be that the Alfred folder has been set to only be stored in the cloud?

That is true, but when I log on to Dropbox.com I also don't see the Alfred folder. I just spent some time with Dropbox help in live chat and they don't see it either.

@sloth Alfred doesn't move or have any interaction with the folder you choose for your preferences, and just places a copy of your .alfredpreferences file in the location you choose -  so he wouldn't have been the cause of this folder disappearance.

Do you use Time Machine? If so, you should be able to go back in time and spot the last time the folder was present in your Dropbox.

Cheers,
Vero