I get app suggestions from /System/Volumes/... before /Applications since upgrading to Catalina

Hi there

I just upgraded a machine to Catalina and now I get suggestions like this:

1822666934_ScreenShot2021-08-28at11_59_28.thumb.png.db534904fec8a2a63383c67403c6891e.png

How can I avoid this? I really don't want to see what the system does under the hood. I want to select the _Numbers_ app from `/Applications`.

Also, when I try to launch the _Messages_ app, I get:

147290407_ScreenShot2021-08-28at12_00_02.thumb.png.e76056d5c05e200fdb0895b17748e3ff.png

instead of `/Applications/Messages.app`. Same issue or different issue?

Many thanks for any pointers!

@halloleo First, ensure you're using the latest version of Alfred (4.5.1 at this time) to ensure you have the most current set of Search Scope paths in Alfred's Features > Default Results. (If you've modified these, use Reset to return to the default set of paths)

Once you've done this, type "reload" into Alfred, which will remove any past cached apps held in a location that is no longer relevant in your current macOS version.

Finally, if Messages still isn't appearing, try the File Troubleshooter to establish whether it's correctly indexed. Go to Alfred's Preferences > Help > Troubleshooting > File Search Troubleshooting. Drag Messages to see the full log, and paste it in your next reply here if there are any errors.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers,
Vero