Google Drive search: how to change which drive to search?

Hi,

So I have my personal Google Drive, as well as a Google Drive for the company I work for. Now every search automatically just searches my personal one.

1) Is there a way to search both drives at once?
2) Is there a way to select (with different text-trigger) which drive to search?
3) Is there simply a way to change Alfred to search the work Google Drive instead of my personal Gmail Drive?

Thank you!

Seki

42 minutes ago, deanishe said:

Hi @Sekibutsu, welcome to the forum.

Alfred doesn't know anything about Google Drive. It's just another folder as far as Alfred is concerned. Provided you have Spotlight indexing turned on and working for your Google Drive(s), Alfred will find the files just like any others.

When you want to search within a specific folder, use a File Filter.

Hi @deanishe and thanks for the reply.

I'm not really looking to search within a specific folder, but instead search from a different Google Drive all together (the work one). So far if I do any search with Alfred from Google Drive, it automatically opens the personal GDrive with the search that I had queried. What I'd like to know, is how to search the other GDrive that is associated with my work email (yet connected to the same environment, you can swap profiles like in all Google products/services).

I hope I made any sense, and if I didn't understand you correctly I might have to be educated a bit more.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Sekibutsu said:

I'm not really looking to search within a specific folder

That is the only way you can restrict an Alfred search to a specific location: by folder.

1 hour ago, Sekibutsu said:

instead search from a different Google Drive all together (the work one)

Alfred does not know what a Google Drive is. It knows what folders are. If you want Alfred to search a Google Drive, you need to point it at the folder you have configured the Google Drive app to sync it to.

If you want to search your own Google Drive, then point Alfred at the folder /Volumes/GoogleDrive/My Drive. If you want to search a different one, point Alfred at /Volumes/GoogleDrive/Shared Drive. If you want to search all of them, point Alfred at /Volumes/GoogleDrive.

If anyone is ever having the same "issue", it solved by changing the default Google account to be the work one, instead of the one with my personal email. Now all the Alfred searches automatically query from the correct Google Drive, in my case the @company.com one.