"Sleep" command is not working on Macbook Air M1

I use two macs: a 2019 Intel iMac, and a 2020 Macbook Air M1, both runninng on Big Sur 11.6.

When I use the "Sleep" command (Alfred system command), it works without any problem on my intel iMac, 

but on my Air M1, when I type Sleep and enter, it doesn't sleep. But if I type Sleep and click (with a trackpad) the highlighted "Sleep" command in the Alfred Bar, it works. 

So, do you have any idea on this weird behavior?

Thank you for letting me know that. So I tried to do the same in Safe Mode, and interestingly it worked, but only in Safe Mode. 

Then I thought that some app could conflict with the sleep command, so I killed apps that reside in the menu bar one by one, but the sleep command still shows the same behavior. So I'm wondering what is causing this. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/3/2021 at 5:43 PM, CB11_11 said:

You're right, sleeping the computer works just fine when you click from the menu bar. 

That’s not what the original poster is saying. In @David H’s case, running sleep in Alfred doesn’t work when pressing ↵, only when clicking the result, not the menubar. That’s very weird (by the way, I also can’t reproduce on M1 MBA on Big Sur).

It’s unclear to me what your issue is, since you’re saying “you didn’t even think to connect it to Alfred”. What are your exact steps?

On 10/9/2021 at 5:39 AM, David H said:

I use two macs: a 2019 Intel iMac, and a 2020 Macbook Air M1, both runninng on Big Sur 11.6.

When I use the "Sleep" command (Alfred system command), it works without any problem on my intel iMac, 

but on my Air M1, when I type Sleep and enter, it doesn't sleep. But if I type Sleep and click (with a trackpad) the highlighted "Sleep" command in the Alfred Bar, it works. 

So, do you have any idea on this weird behavior?

I'm having the exact same problem on my MacBook Pro 14 M1 Pro.