Switch Between audio input and output

Audio Switch

==================================================================================

Switch between your input sources and output devices.

To install just download (or my github) and doble click the .alfredworkflow file.*

To change your input source type input (it could take a little bit to load your sources), then select the one you desire

Captura%20de%20pantalla%202013-04-03%20a

The same for the output device, just type output then select your choice

Captura%20de%20pantalla%202013-04-03%20a

Since I don't have any audio device or source connected to my laptop only 1 (the default) device and source are shown.

Edited by Sampayo

Great job. Works great. Would anyone have any idea how to modify this to support preset input/outputs? So if I take a call, I could bring Alfred up and select the "Phone Call" preset which would switch audio input/output to my headset in one easy step? Or I could set up a preset to have the output set to my speakers, but the input set to my bullet mic, etc?

This would be amazing and I haven't found any other Mac audio switching apps that support presets.

Thanks!

Don't work on my iMac late 2012. I installed the workflow and then type output in the Alfred-Field and then it shows me "getting output devices" but nothing happens. I waited for over 10!!! minutes...nothing happened.

Could it be, because my OS X is in german? 

Don't work on my iMac late 2012. I installed the workflow and then type output in the Alfred-Field and then it shows me "getting output devices" but nothing happens. I waited for over 10!!! minutes...nothing happened.

Could it be, because my OS X is in german? 

Could you please take the script filter code and run it on AppleScript Editor and post the error you're getting?

• 2 months later...

Just an FYI - I upgraded to 10.9 Mavricks and the "input" is working, but the "output" isn't returning a list - even when I enter into it. ;(

When I run the code in AppleScript I get the following:

error "System Events got an error: Can’t get text field 1 of row 6 of table 1 of scroll area 1 of tab group 1 of window 1 of process \"System Preferences\". Invalid index." number -1719 from text field 1 of row 6 of table 1 of scroll area 1 of tab group 1 of window 1 of process "System Preferences"

I believe this is due to a dividing line and then all of the new AirPlay output options.

airplay.png

Edited by jkirker

Hi,

When I run this, the Output Audio Switch is the first result, but when I activate it (return), the word "output" is comleted and I see my fallback web search options as the results, not the different audio output devices that I have at my disposal. Am I overlooking something?

Hi,

When I run this, the Output Audio Switch is the first result, but when I activate it (return), the word "output" is comleted and I see my fallback web search options as the results, not the different audio output devices that I have at my disposal. Am I overlooking something?

Hiram, are you using the beta of Mavrick's?  If so, it's the same issue that I'm facing.  

• 2 weeks later...

Just an FYI - I upgraded to 10.9 Mavricks and the "input" is working, but the "output" isn't returning a list - even when I enter into it. ;(

error "System Events got an error: Can’t get text field 1 of row 6 of table 1 of scroll area 1 of tab group 1 of window 1 of process \"System Preferences\". Invalid index." number -1719 from text field 1 of row 6 of table 1 of scroll area 1 of tab group 1 of window 1 of process "System Preferences"

I believe this is due to a dividing line and then all of the new AirPlay output options.

airplay.png

airplay.png

Hi,

Hi,
Since the problem is solved Mavericks. You can download it once again

I hope it works.

: D
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

very nice workflow.

I found issues while using it (did not work at first place).

After investigation I found that:

1) I did not set first the option to "Enable access for assistive devices and applications" (see: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6026). Without this, the workflow does not work.

2) my language is in French and it did not work unless I set "deviceselected" as «class utf8» as follow:

set deviceselected to the value of text field 1 of row i of table 1 of scroll area 1 of tab group 1 of window 1 as «class utf8»

Indeed, my headphone is named: "écouteur" ...

I wanted to do a pull request, but it's looks like the GitHub code is not updated. is it ?

Otherwise, any idea why when my headphone is plugged I don't see in the list of output my local speaker (named Haut-parleurs internes in French)?

I would love to be able to switch between local speakers and headphone without need to unplug my local headphone. That would be my main usage after send it through AirPlay ... And it's the all point of the workflow ...

Olivier.

Edited by _oho
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

hey guys i'm having a problem that started recently. I'm running OS X 10.9.5 (Yosemite) and i've been using this workflow for a while now but now it's not working. It opens system preferences but the Alfred window says Search Google for 'output '. When running it on Script Editor I get the following error:

error "System Events got an error: Script Editor is not allowed assistive access." number -1719 from window 1 of process "System Preferences"

But I actually have Script Editor allowed to control my computer in the Accessibility thing...

Anyone knows what is happening?

Thanks

hey guys i'm having a problem that started recently. I'm running OS X 10.9.5 (Yosemite) and i've been using this workflow for a while now but now it's not working. It opens system preferences but the Alfred window says Search Google for 'output '. When running it on Script Editor I get the following error:

error "System Events got an error: Script Editor is not allowed assistive access." number -1719 from window 1 of process "System Preferences"

But I actually have Script Editor allowed to control my computer in the Accessibility thing...

Anyone knows what is happening?

Thanks

Hi Geronest.

have you given accessibility permissions to Alfred in system preferences? have a look to 'Solution in case of failures' in http://ricardosampayo.com/en/Audio-Switch-Alfred-WorkFlows/